SFS Architecture is seeking creative and self-motivated licensed Project Architects to join our dynamic and collaborative team. The Project Architect is most directly engaged in all technical aspects of the project, leads the team and provides direct input and oversight of production of technical documents. Ideal candidate is technically-savvy and has a stellar track record communicating with clients and delivering high-quality work particularly with public or institutional entities.
- Oversee design integration of building components and systems within the overall project design concept and framework
- Lead the coordination of design work with consultants
- Present and solicit feedback and/or approvals from project stakeholders
- Record and issue meeting minutes for all meetings involving project stakeholders
- Review applicable codes to determine impact to design and construction
- Lead and coordinate the development of the project manual and specifications
- Actively manage the internal design and technical collaboration process including scheduling charrettes, critiques, and quality control reviews
- Review local, state, and federal codes to determine impact to design and construction
- Lead the implementation of sustainability criteria
- Registered architect with 7 years of relevant experience working on complex project types for public clients. Relevant project types may include recreation with indoor and/or outdoor aquatics, public safety, higher education, commercial office, civic, academic, and federal projects.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Architecture
- Work efficiently and effectively balancing design excellence and budget demands
- Strong Technical Skills
- A PLUS: Proficient in SketchUp and Rhino
SFS has a team-first culture that finds value in the individual spirit. We believe each member of our team brings a unique and meaningful perspective that enriches our studio. We encourage authenticity and honesty among our team members because we believe individual strengths and goals contribute to productive teams, excellent projects, and lead to a strong bond with our clients. We celebrate curiosity, diverse interests, and encourage our staff to flourish in the subjects they are drawn to. We have a fun, collaborative, and humble approach to projects that prioritizes client and team needs.
SFS Architecture is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Please submit resume and portfolio to email@example.com.