Technical Design Manager
SFS is currently seeking a licensed Architect to act as a Technical Design Manager. This individual will provide direction and quality assurance oversight throughout our office on a wide variety of projects. Qualified candidates will possess strong design skills, broad technical knowledge, commitment to sustainable design, and passion for working closely with colleagues and clients. The ideal candidate will continue to build and leverage their knowledge base to translate design visions into architectural drawings that clearly illustrate and communicate design intent.
Please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registered architect with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience working on complex project types, such as recreation with indoor and/or outdoor aquatics, public safety, higher education, commercial office, civic, academic, and federal
- Strong project portfolio demonstrating thorough and coordinated construction documentation and administration responsibilities
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit; mastery preferred
- Experience initiating, writing, coordinating, and compiling project specifications. Proficiency using BSD SpecLink preferred
- Proactive, team-oriented attitude of strong collaboration and effective communication skills
- Broad technical knowledge base in accessibility, building codes, construction detailing, building materials and systems
- Work efficiently and effectively balancing demands of multiple projects at various stages of development to recognize, translate, and balance design intent and technical execution
- Engage collaboratively across all experience and management levels in the office
- Participate in all phases of architectural design to provide technical direction and support to project teams as needed
- Initiate and participate in specification writing for multiple projects (project teams will be responsible for project-specific editing)
- Coordinate with Project Managers to schedule and execute QA/QC reviews for all active projects concurrent with design milestones
- Maintain a broad knowledge base and educate the office on a variety of building systems, construction technologies, sustainability requirements, accessibility and code compliance issues and risk management
- Provide guidance, maintenance, and implementation of BIM and project specification standards
SFS Architecture is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.