Preservation Architect OR Architect with Preservation Experience
SFS is seeking a Project Architect or Intern with a graduate degree in Historic Preservation or a minimum of 5 years of experience in historic preservation, with strong technical detailing skills related to the preservation of existing buildings.
Please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Field measurement and documentation of existing buildings and sites
- BIM modeling of existing conditions
- Hands-on condition assessments, developing recommendations and executing design for restoration, rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of existing buildings to meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards
- Preparation of construction drawings and construction administration
- Research and writing about historical information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Graduate Degree in Historic Preservation or minimum 5 years experience in historic preservation
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Preservation techniques, standards and policies
- Historic building construction techniques and styles
- Material repair and restoration techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for building preservation and rehabilitation
- Passion for community and design
- Effective verbal and written communicator
SFS Architecture is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.