SFS is seeking an interior designer with a minimum of 4 years of experience to work within our highly collaborative and design-oriented firm, where interior design is integrated with architectural projects from the outset. The ideal candidate is organized, passionate about great design, and eager to take on a variety of design tasks. This position will work closely with clients, develop programming data, prepare and deliver design presentations, and prepare construction documents, and construction administration, among other tasks. Strong communication and computer graphic skills are required.
Please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepares design presentations and technical drawings
- Develop space plans and test-fits
- Develop workplace strategies and conduct research to keep abreast of trends
- Prepare programming data
- Support client communications, programming interviews, workshops and presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- 4+ Years’ Experience with TI (Workplace, Adaptive Reuse, Renovation) project experience
- Proficient and experienced in developing space plans and workplace test-fits
- Design background in commercial interiors; public and civic project types is preferable
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pursuit of NCIDQ Certificate Holder, Registered Interior Designer, or Licensed Architect, LEED AP
- WELL Certification
- Creates and innovates with a strong conceptual design ability and integrates interdisciplinary criteria to effectively move the design of a project component(s) forward
- Exhibits thorough understanding of accessibility regulations and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project compliance
- Strong conceptual thinking, with the ability to tell a story through design language
- Thorough understanding of all project phases of work including programming, space planning, color and material selections, FF&E selections, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration
- Manages time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with direction from project leaders
- Incorporates sustainable materials and initiatives
SFS Architecture is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.