SFS is seeking a Preservation Architect with a minimum of eight years of experience in all phases of the preservation of historic buildings. The ideal candidate is technically-savvy and has a stellar track record communicating with clients and delivering high-quality work particularly to public or institutional entities.
- Field measurement and documentation of existing buildings and sites
- BIM modeling of existing conditions
- Assessment of existing conditions, development of treatments, and execution of design for the restoration, rehabilitation, and adaptive reuse of existing buildings to meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards
- Create and supervise the preparation of architectural drawings for all project phases, including proposal presentations, concept, schematics, design documents and construction documents
- Research and writing about historical information
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Historic preservation degree or certificate in historic preservation, or minimum of 8 years of experience in historic preservation
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of and experience in:
- Preservation techniques, standards, and policies
- Historic building construction techniques and styles
- Material repair and restoration techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for building preservation
- Passion for community and design
- Effective communicator
SFS has a team-first culture that finds value in the individual spirit. We believe each member of our team brings a unique and meaningful perspective that enriches our studio. We encourage authenticity and honesty among our team members because we believe individual strengths and goals contribute to productive teams, excellent projects, and lead to a strong bond with our clients. We celebrate curiosity, diverse interests, and encourage our staff to flourish in the subjects they are drawn to. We have a fun, collaborative, and humble approach to projects that prioritizes client and team needs.
SFS Architecture is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Please submit resume and portfolio to email@example.com